We work with partners towards creating accessible spaces where people can bring their authentic self, creating an environment where there is respect, kindness, pride, laughter, support, and connection.
Years ago, we formed our giving program around two beliefs. We believe engaging more people in climbing is key in creating supportive, kind, and courageous communities that extend far beyond our walls; and we believe we need to protect the places where we play.
We give annually to organizations that help bring down social and physical barriers to climbing and/or who are committed to preserving and protecting the planet.
WHO WE FUND
- 501c3 non-profit organizations
- Organizations around our communities in California, Colorado, Illinois, Maryland, Oregon, Texas, and Virginia.
- National organizations that align closely with our giving purpose
We give to national organizations that are committed to our community. They are the voice of climbers and our guide when it comes to safely explore and protecting the outdoors. If this sounds like your organization, we’d love to chat about what’s possible! Please email us.
Recently, we partnered with 1Climb and The Boys & Girls Club to make climbing more accessible across the country. We are honored to be part of the Denver wall to launch our partnership and are excited to continue our work with them.
The staff you see each time you visit the gym are constantly developing relationships with non-profits in their local area. We recognize that local giving programs can often make a huge difference, so each year, every gym gives funds to organizations that have a positive impact in their neighborhood. In addition to giving funds, we also help these organizations by amplifying their mission, volunteering staff time and bringing awareness to urgent needs.
Most recently, we partnered with Red River Gorge Climbers’ Coalition to help rebuild crags and the community after the devastating flood.
To learn the who, what and how’s regarding our local giving program, choose your gym or scroll see the complete list below.
How to apply
We are continuing to support the community through community fundraisers and free climbing classes, however, due to an unprecedented 2020, we may have to adjust our 2021 philanthropic program. Please check back for 2021 program updates.
Recently fUNDED ORGANIZATIONS
- Adaptive Adventures
- Baltimore Tree Trust
- Bay Area Climber Coalition
- Boulder Climbing Community
- Brown Ascenders
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Chesapeake Bay Land and Water Initiative
- The Center for Watershed Protection
- Chicago Voyagers
- Climbing For Life
- Colorado Mountain Club
- Colorado Outward Bound School (COBS)
- Conservation Colorado
- East Oakland Boxing Association
- Environmental Learning for Kids
- Friends of Joshua Tree
- Friends of Patapsco Valley State Park
- Jaguares Ascendiendo
- Latino Outdoors
- Leave No Trace
- Logos Wilderness Therapy
- New River Alliance of Climbers
- Nourish Now
- Oregon Ridge Nature Center
- Outdoor Outreach
- Out For Justice
- Paradox Sports
- Paralyzed Veterans of America, Bay Area and Western Chapter
- Red River Gorge Climbers’ Coalition
- Scenic Rivers
- Soul River
- South Central Pennsylvania Climbers – Governor Stable
- Urban Services – YMCA
- Vive NW
- Yosemite Conservancy
- Yosemite Facelift
- Youth Outside